My Favorite Things
January 14, 2011 § Leave a comment
No it’s not raindrops on roses or whiskers on kittens.. not that there’s anything wrong with those things.
A friend and I were talking about our favorite things – simple pleasures and things we look forward to that make us feel good – so I’ve compiled a list of some of my favorite things (because we all know how I love my lists).
- A hot shower. After a long day at work there is absolutely nothing like standing under the hot water, soaking and having that quiet time to relax.
- The first 15 seconds in bed at night. It’s that simple, blissful feeling of laying your head on your pillow and feeling your muscles go into complete relaxation. The whispering to God of thank you’s for this nice warm bed and soft, fluffy pillow. The drifting, half awake and half asleep. Just being relaxed.
- That gulp of water when you’re completely dehydrated and have been craving it for the longest time.
- Something warm on a cold day. Whether it’s a cup of hot cocoa or a steaming bowl of tomato soup.
- When my favorite song comes on the radio right when I start up the car.
- Listening to my boyfriend Nat singing to Lily while he’s making dinner in the kitchen.
- My boyfriend Nat, in general.
- Something new discovered in a familiar place that you’d never noticed before.
- A good book on a rainy, thundery night snuggled up in the covers.
- The first day of fall with its cool, crisp air and beautiful colors.
- The sound of the ocean and it’s strong, vast, deep mysteries.
Like I said, simple things.
So I’m pretty exhausted after getting only a brief three hours of sleep last night so I’m going to skip the “daily” and let this take its place. It’s off to watch a movie, eat the yummy dinner NPC cooked for me and head to dreamland.
Goodnight blogland. xo